Requests for information held regarding accounts registered with WHATJOBS?.
In accordance with section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), we have an obligation to provide you with a description of:
- the personal data of which that individual is the data subject,
- the purposes for which they are being or are to be processed, and
- the recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed
- the optin point or 3rd party affiliate(s) information on how WHATJOBS? received your data
In order for us to provide you with this information, there is a £10.00 fee (VAT is not applicable for this service). Please send a cheque payable to CIT Worldwide Limited:
Assuming your request falls within the correct criteria, upon receipt of your request and cheque we will release the requested information within the prescribed 40 day period in accordance with section 7.8 of the Data Protection Act 1998. This may be electronically (email) or in writing.
Requests for information held regarding an account not in your name.
WHATJOBS? is unable to provide information with respect to 3rd party accounts without an official request such as a court order or in accordance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), this request can come from official bodies such as the police.
All RIPA requests should be sent to WHATJOBS? with a detailed description of the information required and we will respond as soon as possible.
Related Supporting Material
- ICO Registration Details
- Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA)
- Who are WHATJOBS??
- How do I deactivate my account?
- How do I set up/change my Jobs by Email (JBE) alert?
- How can I get better job matches?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I change my registered details?
- I have forgotten my password - how can I access my account?
- How do I find jobs relevant to me?
- What do cookies mean?
- How do I search by location?
- How do I spot an email scam?